Your initial appointment will likely consist of a consultation explaining your diagnosis and treatment options. Please assist us by providing the following information at the time of your consultation:
- A surgical referral slip from your dentist or physician
- X-rays and or any 3D scans (if applicable)
- A list of medications you are presently taking
- Dental insurance plan name and policy number (if applicable)
- Payment for the consultation and treatment may be required on the appointment date (visa, mastercard, debit card, and cash are acceptable)
If possible, patients under the age of 19 years of age should be accompanied by a parent or guardian at the consultation visit. This is to ensure a clear understanding of the consultation and surgical treatment planned for the patient. Consent prior to surgical treatment will also be required.
Occasionally, we will book your consultation and surgery on the same day. If you are having intravenous sedation or general anaesthesia, please follow the pre-operative instructions for anaesthesia carefully. Also, please have an accompanying adult to bring you to the office and to drive you home. There should be supervision at home afterward until you are fully alert and oriented.
Please alert the office if you have a medical condition that may be of concern prior to surgery (i.e. diabetes, high blood pressure, artificial heart valves and joints, rheumatic fever, osteoporosis, etc.) or if you are currently taking any medication.
If your dentist or physician has taken x-rays, you may request that they forward them to our office. If there is not enough time, please pick them up and bring them to our office. If additional x-rays are necessary, they can be taken in our facility.